Psilocybin tincture is a liquid form of the psychoactive compound found in certain types of mushrooms. It is gaining popularity as a potential treatment for a variety of mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, and addiction. Here is a basic recipe for how to make psilocybin tincture at home:
- Dried psilocybin mushrooms
- High-proof alcohol (such as vodka or everclear)
- Glass jar with a tight-fitting lid
- Grind the dried mushrooms into a fine powder using a coffee grinder or food processor.
- Transfer the mushroom powder to the glass jar.
- Pour enough alcohol over the mushroom powder to fully cover it.
- Close the jar tightly and shake well to mix.
- Store the jar in a cool, dark place for at least two weeks, shaking it daily.
- After two weeks, strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or coffee filter to remove any solids.
- Transfer the tincture to a dropper bottle for easy dosing.
Benefits of psilocybin tincture include fast-acting effects, easy dosing, long-lasting relief, and a non-invasive administration method. It is important to note, however, that psilocybin is currently a Schedule I controlled substance in the United States, meaning it is illegal to manufacture, buy, sell, or possess. As a result, it is important to carefully consider the legal risks before using psilocybin tincture.